Pages

Saturday, September 2, 2017

New Country, New Mission

2 days, 3 flights, and 4 pairs of sleepy eyes later, we finally made it to Moldova.

Over the past few months leading up to this trip, people have obviously asked, "Why Moldova". There are many reasons why, but the main one being that there is a lot of need in Moldova and that is where God has sent us to next. I know that there is a purpose for Him sending us here and the path has already been paved before us.

When we landed, one of the first things we did was went to the church and had a meeting with Pastor Fyodor. We went over the schedule for the week and what we need to accomplish while we are here. While it was extremely hard to keep my eyes open from jet lag, I became so excited to begin the week. Pastor Fyodor explained that they eventually want to open a fitness class to get women in the church and would be open to any ideas that I had. I could not have been more enthusiastic when he told me that because it was right up my alley. Over the next few days I'll be working on designing programs that they can use and meet with some women who would become the fitness instructors. From there, we will try to figure out the design of the space.

Usually I know what to expect coming on a mission trip, especially going to Guatemala 1-2 times a year, but I came here not having any idea about anything. Sometimes the unexpected is the most exciting thing. It's almost like being blindfolded and letting the Lord take hold of your hand and leading you to where he needs you.


We will spend our first day sight seeing and visiting historic places within Moldova. The rest of the week we will be meeting with ministries and government officials to continue the discussion of helping trafficked women and children in the city if Chisinau. 

Please keep the country of Moldova in your prayers as there is a lot of division within their people.



No comments:

Post a Comment